Berlin Airport (TXL)
Flights from Australia to Berlin will disembark at Berlin Tegel Airport.
Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL) is Berlin's main international airport and a major hub for international travel to Germany. Also known as Otto Lilienthal, the airport has four passenger terminals and is a hub for Lufthansa.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Berlin Tegel Airport. Book your Berlin Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Berlin
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Berlin from Australia include:
For more information on Berlin vacations check out our Berlin travel guide.
Relatively young by European standards, Berlin was founded in the early 13th century. Today, in addition to being a new-wave cultural icon, Berlin is a city that absorbs change. Come when you've time to wander, talk and dance. The architecture, restaurants, theatres, parks – and people – have their own idiosyncracies across the city's 6 districts:
- Mitte – the heart of the former East Berlin, the area is rife with sites of historic interest, cafes, galleries and clubs.
- City West – key attractions include the carefully restored Charlottenburg Palace, Olympic Stadium and a main luxury goods shopping street of the former West Berlin.
- East Central – a once working class, industrial area, this newly-gentrified slice of Berlin is a trendy arts, media and fashion hub that also attracts students; be sure to visit East Side Gallery, made from a 1.3 kilometer section of the Berlin Wall.
- North – the borough of Spandau sits at the confluence of the Havel and Spree Rivers and this, along with Reinickendorf, houses attractive old towns.
- East – if you're interested in East German history, the Stasi Prison within the Berlin-Hohenschönhausen Memorial is worth investigating.
- South – this region of Berlin comprises the wealthiest and poorest areas: Zehlendorf and Neukölln respectively, alongside the forest-fringed Müggelsee, the city's largest lake.